Automation can bring down operational costs, improve process efficiency and enable new digital services for critical industries. Watch our video presentation to learn how new technologies such as Edge Computing and IoT can transform your fleet communications into smarter, safer working solutions.
Implementing digital technologies and automating business processes can significantly enhance productivity, predictability and worker safety. To support this digital transformation, critical industries need to rethink their communications systems and processes, as new technologies have to be integrated in order to stay safe, connected, or competitive within their industry.
Video: Digital Transformation at the Edge
So how can you make your communications smarter, more efficient and safer for your teams? Dion Stevenson, Tait Unified Solutions Product Manager and Nick Clark, Senior Design Engineer discuss transforming your communications through automation and applications. They explore a range of voice and data applications enabled by Tait Unified Vehicle, and share case studies and examples from the Mining, Utilities and Transport sectors.
Watch the video below to see their presentation:
Why watch this presentation?
Mission critical communication systems are often in operation for many years. With long term investments like that, you want to make sure you select future-proof solutions that are able to adapt and evolve over time. Smart communications solutions such as Tait Unified Vehicle allow you to incorporate new technologies and custom applications by integrating them with your existing systems.
Edge Computing and IoT
Tait Unified Vehicle combines connectivity with an edge computing platform that can be tailored to operate in ways unique to your organization’s challenges and requirements, giving you a unique solution, without the need for any hardware modifications.
It can utilize and control the other devices, networks and applications that it is connected to, such as sensors, smart devices and internet-based information and applications. Autonomous devices can process information from across your operation, utilizing cellular/LTE, WiFi and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) connectivity, and Tait Unified Vehicle can receive, store and process this information in a way that works for your organization.
Learn about integrated edge applications, including:
- Weather Warning Systems RSS feeds from weather services are used to warn of hazards, showing alerts on the radio display and triggering visual and audible alarms.
- Web forms and Database Activities use web browser-based electronic forms to enter and transfer data over a radio or cellular network.
- Task Dispatching to enable sent/acknowledged confirmation for LMR text and status messages.
- Store and Forward Data Collection allows storage of connectivity data while Tait Unified Vehicle is out of cellular/WiFi coverage.
- Vehicle Blackbox to store time-stamped information such as location and speed for post-event auditing.
- MQTT Integration for Internet of Things connectivity.
- PTToX seamless voice and data services between LMR and broadband devices and networks
Wireless communications hubs and edge computing platforms such as Tait Unified Vehicle can support the connectivity needs of current and future digital applications, making it an ideal solution to enable the digital transformation of critical industries.