How can Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon album help us in understanding propagation?
Its cover is helpful when thinking about how rays travel. Light travels in rays and so do radio waves. White light going into a prism is separated into different colors by wavelength. Similarly, radio waves travel differently depending on their wavelength. The travel of radio waves is called radio propagation.
If propagation still confuses you, or if you are unsure how radio waves use parts of the VHF or UHF to travel, the lesson Introduction to Radio Communication Principles: What is propagation? covers the topic and explains everything you need to know.
What you will get from taking the lesson is a definition of what propagation is, an explanation into the different elements of propagation, and examples of how it works.
To access the lesson, visit the Tait Radio Academy. You can also access other lessons relating to the basics of communication in order to expand your knowledge base or just as a refresher.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content
- Ask and answer questions in the forums.
Leave a Reply