With 50 years of experience in radio, Tait now integrates broadband into critical comms solutions. Instantly broadband enable your existing LMR radio with the TAIT AXIOM Wearable.
Innovation in critical communications solutions advances every year, but some personnel would just prefer to use their existing radios. That’s understandable – they trust what they know. Organizations want to take advantage of the latest technologies, but users want a device in their hand that they know they can trust. The TAIT AXIOM Wearable provides broadband speed and capability to your narrowband radio.
Continue to use Trusted Tools
Career Linesmen have relied on their communications equipment through thick and thin. The average age of utility workers in the US is 47 years old, they are inclined to trust what they know, and learning complex new devices can introduce risk in emergency situations. Continue to leverage your existing equipment and networks, with familiar interfaces, while taking advantage of new Broadband networks with TAIT AXIOM Wearables.
Public Safety Agencies need to be transparent about spending public funding responsibly. In 2023, the Department of Justice (DOJ) will be able to utilize US$20.6 billion in discretionary funding for federal, state, and local law enforcement and crime prevention. Although this is a gigantic budget, the DOJ is inclined to spend this taxpayer funding appropriately. Existing radio hardware and networks have worked for decades, and will continue to work for years to come. Adding additional functionality to existing equipment, rather than purchasing entirely new systems is the fiscally responsible approach.
Enhanced Safety Features
Land mobile radio is tried and trusted for instant voice communications, but contemporary emergency response calls for greater situational awareness tools, like location data and video streaming. Broadband capability allows you to include new safety and productivity features into your existing tools:
- Tait GeoFencing
- Man Down/Lone Worker
- Location Services
- Network Monitoring
The TAIT AXIOM Wearable is a compact, lightweight and easy to use at a moment’s notice. It has great audio quality and is a more affordable and practical option than upgrading an entire radio fleet. Equipping users with this device allows existing narrowband radios to become broadband enabled. Allowing portable radio apps like Tait GeoFencing and Rapid Location Polling to monitor personnel in hazardous zones.
- Always in Contact – Designed to ensure information always gets through, automatically switching to the strongest signal using WiFi, dual SIM LTE or LMR
- Lighten Things Up – Compact and lightweight with seeker mic-like uniform mounting
- Zero Learning Curve – Heads-up operational controls, like a rotary dial and dedicated buttons, are second nature to long-time radio users and easy to learn for new users
- Cut Through the Noise – Hear and be heard, even in the most extreme environments, using a powerful 3W speaker, active noise canceling and three microphones
- Everything in View – Full-color OLED display screen keeps you fully-informed at-a-glance and is easily seen in direct sunlight or while wearing polarized glasses
- Keep Moving Forward – Powerful internal battery provides continuous uptime throughout a full 12-hour shift, with in-fiel charging options when you need an overtime boost
The TAIT AXIOM Wearable has an excellent range of features that are beneficial for modern work environments, but there are ways it’s beneficial for your agency and personnel in other ways. Learn more about the full range of worker safety solutions enabled by broadband here.
Go further with confidence. Learn more about the TAIT AXIOM Wearable and how it can improve the communications efficiency of your personnel.
Have a question or query? Contact our friendly customer service team.
Leave a Reply