As previously discussed, the use of a repeater can solve the problem of an obstruction in line of sight conventional communications. This benefit is part of installing a repeater system, but there are also other benefits that can occur when there is no obstruction.
The lesson Communications Systems: How does a repeater system work? continues on from the Modulation and Radio Building Blocks lesson to explain how repeater systems work and how repeaters are not only excellent for ensuring communication can occur, but also for extending communication range.
Learn the different benefits of repeaters and how repeater systems work by watching the video below and read the accompanying How does a repeater system work? lesson. You can also take the full Basic Radio Awareness course on the Tait Radio Academy.
Benefits of joining the Radio Academy:
- Keep track of course progress
- Gain access to the certification quiz at the end of each course
- Receive a printable certificate upon completion of the quiz
- Gain access to a printable, PDF study guide
- Be notified of all future courses and other educational content
- Ask and answer questions in the forums.
Leave a Reply